I made the decision to go back to work because:
- The job was part time. In truth, I taught four straight hours a day. With preparation time and etc., I worked five or six hours a day.
- I missed working with students. This is true I did. I have loved working with students.
- I missed working with colleagues. This is also true. I have loved working with my colleagues.
- I wanted to stay busy during the winter. I've kept busy and that is a good thing.
- I wanted to make some extra money. Adjunct professors are paid ridiculously low salaries. It really was not financially worth my time to work for what I was paid. (I had to hire a housekeeper to keep up with the house while I was working. Her hourly rate of pay is higher than mine!)