I listed the affirming thoughts that came to my mind as I began to formulate my reasons for living right were I was planted for long into the future. Each delineation added to my clarity.
- I knew the educational community. I understood where it had been and where many hoped it was going. I saw myself as remaining a viable part of that community.
- My husband's roots in this community run deep. He has spent nearly his entire life here. They even named the street in front of his high school after him when he retired.
- I had begun a garden.
- I knew and accepted the climate here - the wind, the heat, the lack of water. I wouldn't have to rethink a garden.
- I wouldn't have to acclimate to a new social or environmental climate.
- I had remodeled my home and had it just as I wanted it.
- I was certain I would spend my time writing, "telling my story."